Saturday, September 4, 2010

I succeeded in the hunt without harming anything

I set out this morning with every intent to murder one of gods creatures. As fate would have it, I was able to succeed in my hunt without sacrificing a single being.

I loaded up my spearfishing gear, bow n arrow, and pellet rifle onto my bike and set off.

I tried a new spot, which required a very sketchy scramble down to the beach. Having made it and gone around the point past people I armed my bow. For my first attempt I would use my obsidian arrowhead as opposed to the lead hunting tips. Nostalgia I guess.
I snuck up on the colony of fish with relative ease. Lined up the daddy and let fly. I scored a hit but only a glancing blow. The arrow tip is slightly curved to one side due to manufacturing defects that occur with hand made things. I heard the arrow skip off the wing and the fish had to recover itself before flying past the point.

Damn!
Every other shot was a miss. after scaring all the fish into the "saftey" of the ocean I geared up for battle



Saw a group of seals out spearfishing! I didn't think they were this far south.



Although I didn't nab anything for the grill, I did manage to haul this spiny dogfish ashore for a quick picture before letting him go free unscathed.

I learned later from my fish identification book that the two spines on the dorsals are mildly toxic. Probably wouldn't have grabbed him if I knew that


Epic day of hunting

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn abe needs to stfu and go take a chill pill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you going to eat that seagull if you had killed it??

    ReplyDelete