Sunday, September 12, 2010

Silvio's first catch

Wen't fishing today with my buddy Silvio. Silvio has been out once before but never speared a fish. The gods rewarded us quite extravagantly for showing up before high tide. Within 20 minuets we speared four fish between the two of us. 

Unfortunately i lost my flopper tip recently to gravity while riding my bike. I started off using my 8ft polespear with paralizer tip. Right off the bat I nail a black perch to show Silvio whats up. I string the fish to my belt and continue the hunt. Crawling through the kelp my excitement gets the better of me. I jet into an opening where a school of a dozen or so opaleye appear to be holding a convention. Silvio, having stalked the same fish thusfar unseen watches as I hurl into the group jabbing my polespear uselessly, causing the fish to dart everywhich way and flee the scene. 

I apologize for my blunder. 

Slipping into the thick kelp beds I come upon my pray again, this time a large individual. He bolts but my banded spear is quicker and he is gnarled by a shaft in the gut. I pin the fish to the bottom and tangle myself in kelp trying to get air and hold the pole in place. I dive and shove my finger into his gill plate. Its a monster!

Having succeded in securing food I trade poles with silvio for the 3ft fiberglass. 
At about the same time silvio catches his first fish with a shot from below I come up on a group of opaleye, keeping the slowest. 




Quite a catch


Its time to eat!




Although I despise the use of paralizer tips every single fish me and silvio hit we kept. Very awesome day of hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment