Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day of Hunting

I started the day being awaken by my internal alarm at 7:59. I therefore had a full half hour of pleasant rest before my actual alarm was scheduled to go off at 8:32. I had a nice breakfast of Raisin bran crunch and I was out the door, flying on Goleta's paved streets at 25mph. My first stop of the day was at our local dump where I was informed of a sweet fossiliferous geologic formation.
Sure enough, a beautiful scallop ready for the picking.
I was limited on time today, Ill have to come back next Sunday to try to collect some bigger nicer specimens.




I then trekked it to Bicicle Bobs to get a back basket panel thing for my bike. No luck.
Hit up Connors house to get some CO2 capsules for my airsoft gun and its off to airsoft.




As I'm waiting for my buddy to show I do a little hunting creek-side.
A frog! I thought it was really cool how he was balancing on the grass to keep his eyes and nose just above the water. 

Following the bird calls brings this into my sights.


I notice some California quail congregating in the bush but I hold my fire.

The quail is in the lower half of the sight picture. Its head is obstructed by branches.

All and all great day. Plus I added a few items to my collection display.
 
Kinda looks like a raptor claw doesn't it? There is a reason for that

5 comments:

  1. Dude i gotta know where did the raptor claw come from and did you eat that Blue jay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you didn't eat the blue jay let me have some!!!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't eat it. Ants were swarming its carcass within minuets however.

    The raptor claw is from the blue jay, a close relative of dinosaurs.

    Skyler, you can have some but you gotta come visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey yo abe, animals will die because of you

    Your messed up

    ReplyDelete